Monday, June 15, 2009

My wedding paper doll obsession


Planning and designing the wedding celebration has been an incredible experience for me. It turns out that I really like daydreaming about a lot things that weddings entail like high fashion dresses, sparkling details, exotic flowers, flaming candles, yummy cocktails, and kissing my man dolled up in a suit.


Early in the engagement I became obsessed with paging through wedding magazines dog-earring everything from gowns to dance flower lighting. But the details seemed so trapped on the one-dimensional page and I began cutting them out of magazines and mounting each wedding treasure on crafting foam. I them layered them to huge photos of the venue so I could accurately evaluate how each theme and detail could fit together. I then mounted the all the panels onto the walls creating a "rainbow wedding collage mural" across the house! There are so many beautiful and romantic themes and designs out there and it is incredibly hard to commit to just one design that will represent this incredible experience!


Maybe you will recognize some of the "paper doll mural inspiration" in the final design of the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment