Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Custom apparel-Wedding dress

Like most brides, I was very excited to find the perfect wedding dress. And like most brides, I obsessed over finding the dress that was a perfect expression of "me" or really "red carpet celebrity" version of me.

But going to the bridal salons, I feel like a star shape peg trying to fit into a square hole.
I rebel against the square hole with a unique flair and it seemed impossible to find the dress that represented my style. I was desperately trying to find a wedding dress was both beautiful and unusual.

Then wedding fate struck during a visit form Emily Horton. Emily, Jeff, & I were friends during college where Emily studied theater costume design. After a successful career on the theater circuit, Emily had moved back to Portland to launch her own clothing designs & sewing business. Thank the wedding gods that Emily took me on as her client and I am going to have a "one-of-a-kind designed for just for me" wedding gown!

It has been an amazing creative process! And the dress has turned out beyond my dreams!
Here are a few samples of inspiration pictures I sent Emily to help shape the dress design.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    I can hardly wait to see you in Emily's designer dress! You will be a beautiful bride in a one-of-a-kind wedding gown!

    Love you so much,
    Mom Jones

    ReplyDelete